Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Lost Connections of the Friendship House (II)

Someone wrote me and said that during the past 20 years, the Friendship House was no longer really carrying out its social services mission. Possible reasons: loss of funding? gentrification moving those helped by Friendship House farther away? loss of good staff?

I'm going to be reading more in their records soon, looking for some answers. Let me know your thoughts about or experiences with the Friendship House. It really helps to have your input.

1 comment:

  1. You might want to look at the change in leadership. I can't recall accurately when the changeover occurred, but we noticed a withdrawal from the larger community. Market Day was restructured and rescheduled, then dropped completely, for example. Opportunities for interaction and support dried up. There was even a hint of hostility.

    ReplyDelete

Due to spammers, I am restricting comments.